Post cessation receipts and payments

posted in: News | 0

There are special rules for the taxation of post-cessation receipts and expenses after a trade has ceased. These provisions also apply to professions and vocations as they apply to trades.

Tax relief may be available for post-cessation expenses of a

Construction services and reverse charge

posted in: News | 0

New VAT rules for building contractors and sub-contractors came into effect on 1 March 2021. The new rules make the supply of most construction services between construction or building businesses subject to the domestic reverse charge. The reverse

1.8m couples benefit from extra tax relief

posted in: News | 0

HMRC has confirmed that almost 1.8m couples across the UK have benefitted from the marriage allowance and are saving up to £252 a year. The marriage allowance is available to qualifying married couples and those in a civil partnership where a spouse

Getting ready for Customs Declaration Service

posted in: News | 0

The Customs Declaration Service (CDS) has been designed to modernise the process for completing customs declarations for businesses that import or export goods from the UK. A phased launch of the service started in August 2018 and more than one

130% tax relief for companies

posted in: News | 0

Are you thinking of investing in new plant or other equipment? Remember that the super-deduction offering 130% first-year tax relief is available to companies until March 2023.

The super-deduction tax break was introduced on 1 April 2021 and allows

Expenses you can and cannot claim against property rents

posted in: News | 0

If you are a landlord, it is important that you are aware of expenses you can and cannot claim from your rental income. As a rule, these expenses must be wholly and exclusively for the purposes of renting out the property in question. In some

Finding your National Insurance number

posted in: News | 0

If you have lost or forgotten your National Insurance number you should try and locate the number on paperwork such as your tax return, payslip or P60. You can also login to your personal tax account to view, download, print, save or share a letter

Who can use VAT annual accounting scheme

posted in: News | 0

The VAT annual accounting scheme is open to most businesses with a turnover of up to £1,350,000 per year. The main benefits of the scheme include the requirement to file only one VAT return per year. This can significantly reduce the amount of

Goodwill and Corporation Tax

posted in: News | 0

Goodwill is rarely mentioned in legislation. Most people would settle on a simple definition which would be based on the ‘extra’ value of a business over and above its tangible assets.

In the vast majority of cases when a business is sold a

Pub secures reduced tied rent and discounts

posted in: News | 0

The Pubs Code Adjudicator is responsible for enforcing the statutory Pubs Code. The Pubs Code regulates the relationship between all pub companies owning 500 or more tied pubs in England and Wales and their tied tenants. Tied tenants are those that

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 74